8/21/09

Last Day Dream

Thanks to the Twitter world, I came across a really cool video on YouTube.  It is called Last Day Dream. 


Something about this video has stuck with me and kept me thinking about it long after I watched it over and over again.  To be honest, I didn't understand it at first.  I thought it was just random snapshots from different people as they go about their day.  So I watched it again, and it finally clicked.  It is the view from one man's eyes from his birth to his death, snapshots of his life from all of the major milestones: birth, kid, teenager, husband, father, grandparent, retirement, death.  It's amazing.

Part of it makes me feel happy, because it represents a good life.  It shows someone who lived a long life filled with family, love, happy memories, and having his family at his side in the end.  Isn't that the life we all hope to have?

On the other hand, it makes me sad and afraid.  I feel panicked.  Maybe it is an illusion created by the music, but the scenes seem to speed up toward the end, showing how quickly life goes by.  I realize I am young and still have a lot of life left ahead of me, but I feel very afraid at the same time.  I am not ready for my life to be over, nor should I be.  What makes me afraid is that I will still feel this way 50 years from now.  I hope that by the time I have gone through all of the major milestones, I will feel complete and content.  I do not want to be afraid of being old when I am older.  I want to feel like my life has been full and be thankful for that.  I just need to live my life in such a way that I have endless beautiful moments on which to think back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment